https://discord.com/invite/eTZuVZXycX https://www.facebook.com/Book.Reviews.by.Namsu https://www.instagram.com/namsu_corp https://www.pinterest.com/namsucorps https://www.reddit.com/r/Book_Reviews_by_Namsu https://alltop.com/my/Namsu https://twitter.com/NamsuCorp https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_pSnAi4ji3dx8HWMpHmYBQ

The House of Thunder Review

Dean Koontz, Leigh Nichols, Contemporary, Fiction, Ghost, Horror, Literary, Literature, Suspense, Thriller

The House of Thunder

Published: 1982
Author: Dean Koontz (Written as Leigh Nichols)
Genre: Contemporary, Fiction, Ghost, Horror, Literary, Literature, Psychological, Suspense, Thriller

Check the summary of this book here:


The Review

The House of Thunder is a novel written by best-selling novelist Dean Koontz that was first published under the pen name Leigh Nichols. Few authors write as well as Dean Koontz and Stephen King about unexplained supernatural phenomena. These novels are so well-written and convincing that you almost believe there must be some element of reality in what the author wrote, and you wonder whether he has ever encountered similar occurrences in his personal life or the lives of individuals he knows.

I just forgot about it the first time I purchased it, and I've had this book on my shelf for years and hadn't gotten around to reading it until I realized I hadn't. Yes, it may happen to many avid readers who buy books in bulk, and sometimes a book by a renowned author is pushed to the back or overlooked, as happened with this book. But, at the very least, I was gripped from the start and thoroughly loved every minute of this psychological thriller.

There are some passages of this book that will make your mouth dry and your spine coil with anxiety, and these parts are enough to earn this book excellent marks and recommendations. 

A well-executed film can get a large number of admirers, but I found no film adaptation of this book, or I missed it, and I would be grateful if anybody knows and tells me anything about this issue, since there is no film adaptation of this book to my knowledge.

A gripping story with several twists and turns. When the final storyline is revealed, it is far from what was anticipated. To avoid giving away the ending, suffice it to say it is rather shocking. Dean Koontz is at his best, and the reason he is regarded as a great storyteller.

This novel has some surprising twists and turns. I mean, seriously messed up!! You'll notice things that aren't quite right as you read, but you'll never guess who the evil person is.

If you're seeking for a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat and won't let you put it down. That's what it is!

From start to finish, this is a non-stop thriller. Dean Koontz has created another masterpiece.

Even having a juvenile style, the author's work is effective. A fantastic story! Koontz at his very best! The plot flows well and quickly, keeping you flipping pages late into the night! Author's previous tale-telling is exemplified here.

This may be a tremendous delight for Koontz fans and even people who have never heard of him if that's even conceivable. This is one of his older works, which I like; his glory days in tale world were something to savor. 

When things start to emerge in The House of Thunder, I adore how it truly screws with the reader's psyche. I read this story many years ago and it becomes great and spooky and brings in the thrills. I still remember this story warmly, even after so many years, and I just listened to the audio version; perhaps I'll read it again sometime, but not soon.

I've always enjoyed Dean Koontz's books, and it's possible that I've grown accustomed to his wonderful descriptive writing style and riveting "impossible to put down" tension. 

However, I was underwhelmed with The House Of Thunder until I realized that Koontz had initially released it in 1982 under the pen name Leigh Nichols. So, while it is still a decent read for one of his earlier works, I would want to see him rewrite it with his more mature writing style all these years later.

This is a scary narrative, a proper thriller that builds gradually to create suspense and impact. I appreciated how nothing was obvious, even to me as an avid reader; the author kept me wondering until the very end.

Now, I wasn't a big lover of the conclusion, but that's just my opinion and has nothing to do with how the narrative was written or anything. I planned the tale to continue on the same path, but it altered, which some may like and some will dislike. I didn't care for it, but I can understand why others might.

I've always enjoyed stories that are completed with a big 'twist.' This one just blew my mind. I really recommend that everyone read this one.


Final Thoughts

I can't believe I overlooked this earlier Dean Koontz novel! However, it still reads quite nicely. I've revisited a number of his other novels from the 1980s, and they're much more antiquated now that he gets so technical in his writing. This one, on the other hand, had me wondering till the very end! Excellent.

It took a moment to get into the book, and it appears like Koontz had a page restriction or something on this one since he completed it so quickly, despite the fact that it is not a small book, and I remembered The Mask because this book gave me the same feeling when I finished reading it. 

In a nutshell, I thought it was too short. I won't give anything away, but if you've read Koontz's Key to Midnight, you'll notice numerous parallels to this work.

I loved it and would suggest it to lovers of Dean Koontz. This one appealed to me since it is a true story.

This is a sleep dunker, something I read all night and continued reading the next day in a foggy vision because I was exhausted but happy and reworking the tale in my brain. So, if you want to remain up till 3 a.m., go ahead.

You're continuously trying to figure out what's going on and, if she isn't insane, who is behind it. Of course, I'm not going to ruin the surprise by revealing anything. 

That being said, I can honestly say that I did not anticipate the perpetrator to be who he was. I was hesitant at first because the first paragraph directly beneath "Chapter 1" was "The year was 1980 - an ancient period, so long ago and far away...", but I can honestly say that I liked the book and hope that anybody who enjoys thrillers and mysteries does as well!

Would I suggest The House Of Thunder? Yes, but not to introduce you to Koontz. It's an excellent novel with some great scary moments. 

I suggest it to long-time Koontz fans. It was nice to have only one character's point of view and a less detailed description, like in The Voice Of The Night.


Synopsis

“In a cavern called The House of Thunder, Susan Thornton watched in terror as her lover died a brutal death in a college hazing. And in the following four years, the four young men who participated in that grim fraternity rite likewise died violently. Or did they?

Twelve years later, Susan wakes in a hospital bed. Apparently involved in a fatal accident, she is suffering from amnesia. She does't remember who she is or why she is there. All she knows is that her convalescence is unfolding into a fearful nightmare - and that the faces that surround her, pretending loving care, are those of the four men involved in that murder years ago.

Have the dead come back to life? Or has Susan plunged into the abyss of madness? With the help of her neuro-surgeon, Susan desperately clings to her sanity while fighting to uncover who or what could be stalking her.”


Useful Search Related Words & Keywords

Car Accident, Cold War, Ever Read, Leigh Nichols, Susan Thornton, Susan Thorton, Twists And Turns, Wakes Up In A Hospital, Years Ago


Rating: 85/100
Recommended: 100/100 Yes.

Free With Free Audible Trial

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Any kind of support, even a simple 'like, thumbs up or a small comment' is enough and helps me grow, create and freely do more stuff and work on projects for the benefit of many.
Help me grow into a global force: https://www.patreon.com/namsu
Support with crypto coins/tokens: https://cointr.ee/namsu
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Follow This Blog