https://discord.com/invite/eTZuVZXycX https://www.facebook.com/Book.Reviews.by.Namsu https://www.instagram.com/namsu_corp https://www.pinterest.com/namsucorps https://www.reddit.com/r/Book_Reviews_by_Namsu https://alltop.com/my/Namsu https://twitter.com/NamsuCorp https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_pSnAi4ji3dx8HWMpHmYBQ

The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife

Published: 2003

Author: Audrey Niffenegger

Genres: Adult, Fiction, Literary, Romance, Science Fiction, Time Travel


Rating: 100/100
Recommended: 100/100 Yes.

Buy The Kindle Version Here:


Free With Free Audible Trial:


The Time Traveler's Wife 2009 (PG-13):


Check the summary of this book here:



The Review:

The Time Traveler's Wife is a time travel romance novel with science fiction elements that creates a sense of dread in the reader about the main character's safety, which is both enjoyable and depressing at the same time. But it's still a great book with something for everyone, with the exception of young children and those under the age of 18, due to the author, Miss. Audrey Niffenegger's, unapologetic use of foul language, which I loved.

The romance part is unique in this novel because of the age difference at many different points in the tale, but it makes you care about both major characters and want to see their love and romance blossom.

I wanted to buy this book as soon as it was released, but some of the booksellers near my house were selling it for a very high price due to the high demand for this book, so I decided to suffer and wait until its price returned to normal because I am one of those people who will never pay extra money just because someone is using hype to increase the actual price by many folds. So, to cut a long story short, I got the book three months later from the same person who was selling it for ten times the actual price, and when I reminded him about the issue after I bought the book, he just smiled and said it was just a part of our business.

I believe that if everyone stopped paying more, all of these con artists would have to sell for the true amount because none of the additional money we spend goes to the author, so why not simply wait a little longer?

Okay back to the book…
What I found difficult was that the book is somewhat sad at times. The author did such an excellent job of developing these people and their connections that I grew emotionally attached to them and found it difficult to follow them through their trials. Of course, a tale needs conflict and problems to move forward, so I can't complain, but certain portions were quite emotional for me to read. But I'd consider it a success because when I read, I want to feel something for the characters. Some readers may not like this style but that is the beauty of this book.

The narrative is so well-crafted, the tale is so romantic, tragic, and beautiful, and the characters are so unforgettable that I find myself wanting to read it again every year or so. Of course, there are narrative twists and time travel paradoxes that defy belief, but there are only about a half-dozen weird components in 100 Years of Solitude. And this novel makes you happy, in some way restoring your trust in romantic love.

It's fascinating how books that don't fit neatly into any one genre have the most intriguing concepts. The Time Traveler's Wife is a romance with elements of science fiction, fantasy, and more. The protagonist is Henry, a time traveler, and the adversary is time itself. It's a tale of man vs. nature delivered with fresh perspectives. I never imagined a time travel narrative could be told with such creativity.

While writing this review, I felt anger, hate, love, sad, worried, caring, betrayed, empty, broken, happy, and a slew of other emotions, but one of the most painful was feeling betrayed because of something I can't discuss due to spoiler issues. When I recall this feeling, it still burns my soul. It's as if you think someone is the purest thing, but they turn out to be tainted or just like anything else. Only a few books can make me feel this strongly, and at the moment, I can recall only one that did, and that was "The Book Of Flying" and I highly recommend it also even these books are not related and are not even from same genres.

The movie adaptation was not bad but the book and movie are a bit different because I think it was not possible to add nearly five hundred pages worth of material into a movie. I recommend the movie but better to read the book first if you haven’t read and watched the movie until now.


Final Thoughts:

I considered not awarding it a perfect score but decided against it because I was choking up until the very end because I knew what would happen to the main character from the beginning, and that is what the power of grabbing the reader is all about. Yes, it is depressing, but you must continue reading to find out what occurs on the following page and the outcome. A hint: the final pages will undoubtedly make your eyes melt, and perhaps even make you grin. But it all depends on how you receive the information you're looking for.

I know I am missing a lot of stuff about the book but it is just because it is so huge in so many ways to explain everything in a review. I want to talk more but for many things, I can’t because if I do, ill spoil the story for the readers.

Overall, I liked the narrative and the characters. It was simple to follow along. This book is highly recommended if you wish to read about a fantastic love.


Synopsis:

“Clare and Henry have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was 36. They were married when Clare was 23 and Henry was 31. Impossible but true, because Henry is one of the first people diagnosed with Chrono-Displacement Disorder: periodically his genetic clock resets and he finds himself misplaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity from his life, past and future. His disappearances are spontaneous, his experiences unpredictable, alternately harrowing and amusing.

Clare and Henry's story unfolds from both points of view, depicting the effects of time travel on their marriage and their passionate love for each other. They attempt to live normal lives, pursuing familiar goals: steady jobs, good friends, children of their own. All of this is threatened by something they can neither prevent nor control, making their story intensely moving and entirely unforgettable.”


Useful Search Related Words & Keywords:

18+, Arliss Howard, Artistic Types, Audrey Niffenegger, Back And Forth, Character Development, Chicago, Clare And Henry, Depressing, Eric Bana, Even Though, Ever Read, Foul Language, Henry And Clare, Highly Recommend, Intellectual, Lots Of Sex, Love, Main Characters, Nostalgia, Not Overly Descriptive Scenes, Nudity, Punk, Rachel Mcadams, Robert Schwentke, Science Fiction, Sex, Time Travel, Well Written

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Any kind of support, even a simple 'like, thumbs up or a small comment' is enough and helps me grow, create and freely do more stuff and work on projects for the benefit of many.
Help me grow into a global force: https://www.patreon.com/namsu
Support with crypto coins/tokens: https://cointr.ee/namsu
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

No comments:

Follow This Blog